Friday, December 23, 2011

A Story

I've made a game from my latest experiments with flixel. Flixel is really cool game library that I like more and more.
 After reading the post on mochi blog about making a retro plartformer with flixel I got inspired and now this is the result.
 The art isn't much but hey, don't expect cool art from a developer.
You can try the game on kongamato - A Story.
There are seven different levels made with Dame - by the way Dame is really cool editor once you learn to use it. You can get Dame free from its official site http://dambots.com/dame-editor/ and yea, the site is awful and my head hurts after a minute there. Till now I used Tile Studio by Mike Wiering. Actually the tiles in A Story a made with it but now I use Dame to make maps because its easier to integrate with flixel.
So the game has 7 levels - 4 with this grass land as you can see on the screenshot and 3 with lava tiles and theme. I get bored too fast when I make art or maps. I prefer to work on another game so this is a reason that I have hundreds of unfinished games.

Get A Story free for your website:

No comments :

Post a Comment