Thursday, November 24, 2011

Newgrounds

I'm pissed! I am totally pissed with this site.

I've used them for two years and great number of my games were uploaded there. I really liked the constructive criticism of the community. But now its over.
Few days ago when I visit it I found that my account is deleted without a trace. And I found my games blamed or what ever is the term they are using. After some thought I made another account and start asking questions.
I contacted the administrators and asked what happened. And ofter some stupid questions I received this:
I found out the account was deleted because the Flash was reported as stolen and the name on the account didn't match the name in the Flash. You should always make sure your NG name, contact info, etc, matches up to the names in the Flash. Otherwise we have no idea it is your work. You are welcome to resubmit with the proper credits listed.

What? My name is in the credits of all the games. You just need to go and see the credits. But obviously they haven't checked this. So my account and around thirty games got deleted. But where is the funny part? Here it comes:
We can not restore the account. You can resubmit your games, but they have to clearly show you own the rights to them.
And I asked:
My name was in the credits and in account details. More clearly?
The answer:
Can you submit a couple as they were and let me know once they are on the site? I'll then take a look to see if they are okay.

I'm really pissed. My games aren't the best but are my own and I like them. And they are a giant who won't cry after losing one member so who cares.
Anyway their site was getting slower and slower with advertisement everywhere that bugs my firefox when I try to submit games. And with the last adventure I think I get enough.

No comments :

Post a Comment